We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This helps support what we do and in no way costs you a thing.
If you’re looking for the best desserts in Vancouver, you’re in luck! Vancouver is known for its diverse food scene, and the dessert options are no exception. From classic treats to innovative creations, Vancouver has something for everyone’s sweet tooth. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, you won’t want to miss out on these delicious dessert spots.
One of the most popular dessert spots in Vancouver is Rain or Shine Ice Cream. They offer a variety of flavors, including vegan options, and use locally sourced ingredients. Another must-try spot is Purebread, which is known for its delicious baked goods, including their famous coconut cake. And if you’re in the mood for something unique, head to Mosquito for their Camp Fire dessert, a twist on a classic s’more.
No matter what type of dessert you’re in the mood for, Vancouver has it all. With so many delicious options to choose from, you’ll want to try them all. So why not indulge in some of the best desserts in Vancouver has to offer?
Best Desserts in Vancouver
If you have a sweet tooth and are looking for the best desserts in Vancouver, you’re in luck. Vancouver has a thriving dessert scene with a wide variety of options to satisfy any craving. Here are two categories of the best desserts in Vancouver:
Iconic Vancouver Desserts
These are the desserts that Vancouver is famous for and that you must try at least once:
- Nanaimo Bars: This no-bake dessert is a Canadian classic and a must-try when in Vancouver. It consists of a chocolate and coconut base, a creamy custard filling, and a chocolate ganache topping. You can find Nanaimo Bars at many bakeries and cafes around the city.
- BeaverTails: This dessert is a flat pastry that is stretched to resemble a beaver’s tail. It is then fried and topped with various sweet toppings such as Nutella, cinnamon sugar, or maple butter. You can find BeaverTails at the Granville Island Public Market or at the BeaverTails food truck.
- Maple Ice Cream: Maple syrup is a Canadian staple and is often used to flavor ice cream. You can find delicious maple ice cream at Rain or Shine Ice Cream or at Earnest Ice Cream.
Desserts with a Twist
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, try these desserts with a twist:
- Matcha Soft Serve: Matcha is a finely ground powder made from green tea leaves and is a popular flavor in Japanese cuisine. You can find delicious matcha soft serve at Daigyo or at Soft Peaks Ice Cream.
- S’mores: This classic campfire treat gets a twist at Mosquito Dessert & Champagne Lounge. Their “Camp Fire” dessert consists of chocolate cake, bourbon marshmallow, peanut dragée, fire candy, and smoked vanilla ice cream.
- Korean-style Baked Goods: If you’re looking for something a little different, try the unique Korean-style baked goods at Nukids. They offer a variety of sweet treats such as croffles (a croissant-waffle hybrid) and cream puffs filled with flavors like matcha or earl grey.
No matter what type of dessert you’re in the mood for, Vancouver has something to offer. So go ahead and indulge in some of the best desserts the city has to offer!
Top Dessert Places in Vancouver
If you’re looking for some of the best dessert spots in Vancouver, you’re in luck! This city is home to a wide variety of high-end dessert locations and affordable dessert destinations. Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet and indulgent or something light and refreshing, Vancouver has got you covered.
High-End Dessert Spots
If you’re looking for a luxurious dessert experience, Vancouver has plenty of high-end dessert spots to choose from. Here are a few of the top options:
|Miku, 200 Granville St #70, Vancouver, BC
|This upscale Japanese restaurant is known for its delicious sushi and sashimi, but it’s also home to some of the best desserts in the city. Try the Green Tea Opera Cake for a truly indulgent treat.
|Thierry Chocolaterie Patisserie Cafe, 1059 Alberni St, Vancouver, BC
|This elegant cafe is a must-visit for chocolate lovers. Try the Chocolate Hazelnut Gateau or the Chocolate Trio for a decadent dessert experience.
|Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar, 845 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC
|This chic restaurant serves up a variety of delicious desserts, including the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar and the Lemon Tart.
Affordable Dessert Locations
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that won’t break the bank, Vancouver has plenty of affordable dessert locations to choose from. Here are a few of the top options:
- La Casa Gelato, 1033 Venables St, Vancouver, BC: This iconic Vancouver spot has been serving up delicious gelato since 1982. With over 200 flavors to choose from, there’s something for everyone.
- Beta5 Chocolates, 409 Industrial Avenue Vancouver, BC: This award-winning chocolatier offers a variety of delicious treats, including chocolates, cream puffs, and ice cream sandwiches.
- Crackle Creme, 245 Union St., Vancouver BC: This cozy cafe is known for its delicious creme brulee and other sweet treats. Try the Earl Grey Creme Brulee or the Matcha Creme Brulee for a unique twist on a classic dessert.
No matter what your budget or taste preferences, Vancouver has plenty of dessert options to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Seasonal Desserts in Vancouver
When it comes to desserts, Vancouver has something for every season. Whether you’re craving a refreshing summer treat or a cozy winter delight, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some of the best seasonal desserts in Vancouver:
Summer in Vancouver can get pretty hot, so it’s no surprise that many of the best seasonal desserts are designed to cool you down. Here are some of the most popular summer specials:
- Ice Cream Sandwiches: Vancouver has no shortage of ice cream shops, and many of them offer unique ice cream sandwiches that are perfect for a hot summer day. Some of the best places to try include Earnest Ice Cream, Rain or Shine Ice Cream, and La Glace.
- Popsicles: Another great way to beat the heat is with a refreshing popsicle. There are plenty of artisanal popsicle shops in Vancouver, such as Johnny’s Pops and Nice Pops, that offer a wide range of flavors.
- Fruit Tarts: Summer is also the season for fresh fruit, and many Vancouver bakeries take advantage of this by creating delicious fruit tarts. Some of the best places to try include Beaucoup Bakery and Patisserie, Thomas Haas, and Thierry.
When the weather turns cold, Vancouver’s dessert scene shifts to warm and cozy treats. Here are some of the best winter delights:
- Hot Chocolate: There’s nothing quite like a warm cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter day. Many Vancouver cafes and bakeries offer their own unique takes on this classic treat, such as Mink Chocolates, Bel Cafe, and Patisserie Fur Elise.
- Apple Pie: Winter is the season for apples, and Vancouver bakeries take full advantage of this by creating delicious apple pies. Some of the best places to try include The Pie Shoppe, Aphrodite’s Organic Cafe, and Savary Island Pie Company.
- Gingerbread: Finally, no list of winter desserts would be complete without gingerbread. Vancouver is home to some amazing gingerbread creations, such as the Gingerbread Lane display at the Hyatt Regency and the gingerbread houses at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
No matter what season it is, Vancouver has plenty of delicious desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Vancouver’s Dessert Trends
When it comes to desserts, Vancouver has a lot to offer. From traditional pastries to trendy treats, this city has it all. Here are some of the latest dessert trends that you can find in Vancouver:
Vancouver is known for its diverse population, and this diversity is reflected in its food scene. One of the latest dessert trends in Vancouver is Asian-inspired treats. From matcha-flavored desserts to Japanese-style cheesecakes, you can find a variety of Asian-inspired desserts in this city.
Another trend in Vancouver’s dessert scene is plant-based treats. With more people adopting a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, many dessert shops are now offering plant-based options. You can find vegan ice cream, dairy-free cakes, and other plant-based desserts in Vancouver.
Creative Ice Cream Flavors
Ice cream is a classic dessert, but in Vancouver, it’s anything but boring. Many ice cream shops in the city are now offering creative and unique flavors. From lavender to balsamic vinegar, you can find a variety of interesting ice cream flavors in Vancouver.
Another trend in Vancouver’s dessert scene is miniature desserts. These tiny treats are perfect for those who want to indulge in something sweet without overindulging. You can find miniature cakes, tarts, and other desserts in many Vancouver bakeries and cafes.
Finally, many dessert shops in Vancouver are now using local ingredients in their treats. From fresh berries to locally sourced honey, these ingredients add a unique twist to traditional desserts. If you’re a fan of farm-to-table cuisine, you’ll love the local ingredients used in Vancouver’s dessert scene.
In conclusion, Vancouver’s dessert scene is constantly evolving, with new trends emerging all the time. Whether you’re in the mood for something classic or trendy, this city has something for everyone.
You’ve now discovered some of the best dessert spots in Vancouver, and hopefully found a new favorite sweet treat. Whether you’re in the mood for chocolate, ice cream, cake, or something else entirely, Vancouver has plenty of options to satisfy your cravings.
Don’t forget about the vegan and gluten-free options available at many of these dessert spots, including the delicious vegan donuts at Cartems and the gluten-free macarons at Thierry.
No matter which dessert spot you choose, you’re sure to be impressed by the quality and variety of treats available in Vancouver. So go ahead and indulge in a sweet treat – you deserve it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the best Japanese desserts in Vancouver?
If you’re looking for the best Japanese desserts in Vancouver, you should definitely check out the popular dessert spot, Mochi House. They offer a wide variety of traditional Japanese desserts, including mochi, dorayaki, and matcha desserts. Another great option is Yama Cafe, which is known for their Japanese-style cheesecake and matcha desserts.
What are the top dessert bars in Downtown Vancouver for late night cravings?
If you’re looking for some late night dessert options in Downtown Vancouver, you should definitely check out Uva Wine & Cocktail Bar. They offer a great selection of desserts, including tiramisu and chocolate mousse, that pair perfectly with their cocktails. Another great option is the Shameful Tiki Room, which is known for their tropical-themed cocktails and delicious desserts.
Where can I find the best desserts in Gastown?
A great choice is Soft Peaks Ice Cream, which is known for their organic, locally-sourced soft serve ice cream.
What are some must-try sweets in Vancouver?
If you’re looking for some must-try sweets in Vancouver, you should definitely try the famous Japadog. They offer a unique twist on the classic hot dog, with Japanese-inspired toppings like teriyaki sauce and seaweed flakes.
What is the most delicious dessert in British Columbia?
British Columbia is known for its delicious Nanaimo bars, which are a classic Canadian dessert made with a chocolate and coconut base, custard filling, and chocolate ganache topping. You can find Nanaimo bars at many bakeries and cafes throughout Vancouver and British Columbia.